The challenge: Create some form of visual art, no matter how small, each day for a full year.
No time for drawing today (except for drawing the teapot below), but I did make sure to get some watercolor in. This is another exercise from Watercolor Success in Four Steps by Marina Bakasova. Today’s project was a teapot with polka dots. I’m not a big fan of polka dots, but I’m trying to exercise discipline by drawing and painting stuff I don’t really want to paint. She wanted us to use masking fluid, and I discovered something. Two-year-old masking fluid doesn’t really work well. It’s not even actual fluid. My polka dots might be embraced by Dali, but trust me, no one else will be giving them a hug. I practiced lifting on the bottom two that ended up looking like smudges. So newly gained knowledge: use new masking fluid. Anyhow, here’s the result. Mine’s on the right.
I decided to put the highlights on the right of the teapot instead of the left. I figured since the light source was coming from the right, that would be where the shine would be located.
Day 2 is in the books. I’m looking forward to seeing that number grow to 2 and even 3 digits. Vacation starts tomorrow, so that will be a bit challenging, but I’m packing a travel art set. 🙂 Cheers, everyone.