The challenge: Create some form of visual art, no matter how small, each day for a full year.
I finished the cassowary tonight. It actually became an experiment. I purchased some Mars Lumograph pencils, and I wanted to try them out.
- I added in a background. It’s really boring, and I’m not sure if I like it. It’s basically a few layers of pencil, blended. I think I would have done better to leave it or to imitate the reference picture’s background. I also now have some aquarelle pencils, and I think using those to do a background wash might be a good idea for next time.
- I added feathers. I used the 6B pencil. I also tried to use a Tombow mono zero eraser on the feathers, but it smudged more than erased. I’m wondering if the 6B pencil was too much for it.
- I used the 6 be to darken the black areas of the bill. This took out some of my detail, and I tried to add it back in.
Here it is:
Here is the reference photo:
My daughter had a fever today, so I have one more day with her at home, and then I can get her back in school. Until then, nothing gets done around the house.
Have a great evening, everyone!